Welcome to the EESSI project documentation!¶
What if there was a way to avoid having to install a broad range of scientific software from scratch on every HPC cluster or cloud instance you use or maintain, without compromising on performance?
The European Environment for Scientific Software Installations (EESSI, pronounced as "easy") is a collaboration between different European partners in HPC community. The goal of this project is to build a common stack of scientific software installations for HPC systems and beyond, including laptops, personal workstations and cloud infrastructure.
- EESSI pilot software stack and available software
- Access, initialize and use EESSI
- How to run EESSI test suite
- Get help or report issue
For system administrators:
- EESSI layered structure: filesystem, compatibility, software
- Installing EESSI
- Setting up a mirror server
The EESSI project was covered during a quick AWS HPC Tech Short video (15 June 2023):